Is your partner ruining your sleep life? 45% of over 1,000 UK sleepers we surveyed told us their partner was an obstacle to getting a good night’s sleep - and not in a good way. So we thought we’d hop between the sheets with someone who lives and breathes relationships from a creative point of view: author Jenny Colgan.
The bestselling romance and sci fi writer shared her thoughts on coordinating sleep schedules, insomnia and bedroom bugbears - and somehow we also got on the topics of sleep paralysis, recurrent dreams and the horror of encountering a sleepwalking child wandering around a Scottish castle...
Listen on iTunes - and don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review.
We talk about research and studies including:
- It’s More than Sex: Exploring the Dyadic Nature of Sleep and Implications for Health
- Ohio State martial stress and sleep study
- The effect of wake and sleep patterns on marital adjustment
- Professor Vicki Culpin’s The Business of Sleep
And you can find out more about being a great sleep - and life - partner in some of our other blog posts:
- How to hack your dreams like a creative genius
- Sleeping clean: why sleep hygiene is essential and how to do it properly
- Seven ways sleep deprivation is ruing your relationship
- Can you make yourself a morning person?
Not on Apple Podcasts? You can listen on Spotify